Increase quality leads by 40% with a 100% LinkedIn profile. Once your LinkedIn profile is at 100% it becomes easier for people to find you… and offer you a J.O.B.! LinkedIn claims that your profile is 40 times more likely to come up in a search if it is complete, but how to get to 100% is as hard to figure out as getting certain FourSquare Badges. Here is the low down on how to get to 100%.
- Your Current Position and Title – Briefly list your current position and any special title you have there.
- Two Previous Positions – With descriptions of what you did there
- Your Education – Don’t worry if you are self taught, explain your situation, experiences and he honest. A piece of paper with gold leaf and a few signatures is not what employers are looking for, they want someone with experience.
- Profile Summary – I have found many profiles that list highlights of their career or qualifications in this section.
- Your Photo – No avatars, cute “facebook/myspace” photos. Keep it professional and make sure that people will recognize you in person by your LinkedIn profile picture.
- Description of your talents in the Specialties Section – A list with an additional short one or two sentence description works really well here. You don’t want to bog down your potential employer with crazy amounts of information.
- At least three recommendations – Its easy to ask for these, don’t sell yourself short by not reaching out to your former colleagues for a recommendation. trust me, They’ll be more than happy to give you one because by asking them, it shows that you have a high level of respect for them.
The 100% Profile Checklist
Finish those seven points and you should be at 100% on your LinkedIn profile. Be sure to add your social media links to your profile as well, blog, company website, personal portfolio, Twitter and Skype (in case someone like you so much they want to set up a Skype Interview with you for that new job you’ll be getting!). You can also add applications to your LinkedIn profile that will enhance your profile.
Add me to your LinkedIn Network to get more social media management and design tips. Now that you’ve completed your profile 100% have a FourSquare badge on me.